5 Email Marketing Trends For 2019bstout723
2019 is going to be a very interesting year in the world of email marketing. There are more companies than ever trying to reach consumers via email because it’s cost-effective, fast and generates fast traffic. Branding is the key as you need to find ways to get your business in front of a consumer who would have an interest in your products or services.
As you look for ways to improve your email marketing strategy your primary focus should be on improving your data or selection of an audience, expanding your reach and improving your content. The best way to get started on this is by giving yourself time. Too many campaigns are sent out last-minute, meaning they were quickly put together, got final approval and were launched the same day or within a few days.
The best campaigns are the ones that are put together over weeks with serious focus on design, message, promotion and content, call to action and more. If you can put this kind of time and energy into your campaign you will see better results and higher engagement from the audience. Here are 5 additional email marketing trends for 2019 that will help you see better results in your efforts:
- Quality over quantity: Especially towards the end of the year there is a mad dash to get campaigns out. Sometimes we overlook the importance of quality in an effort to reach the consumer as quickly and as often as possible. For 2019, the focus needs to be more about quality, making sure that the content and message if something that will really benefit the recipient rather than just hoping for an open, click and conversion.
- Keeping in touch: Consumers like to be treated like more than just someone who you can get money from. An email campaign with a monthly newsletter, free information, a big discount or gift is a great way to remind the recipient of who you are. Remember, people love free stuff and that includes free information. Don’t just hit them with promotions. Show them monthly content that is interesting and inspires engagement as well.
- Time to promote: Have a sale coming up in 5 weeks? Well your first campaign shouldn’t come out in four weeks, it should come out a few weeks before the promotion. You want to use the first email campaign to introduce or re-introduce your brand and alert the recipient about the promotion. The next campaign should be 3-5 days before the sale and then finally the day of the sale. This is the best way to inform people via email about an upcoming promotion and keep them updated and interested in your content.
- Improved targeting: We now know more about the visitor than ever before. Lists and campaigns can be broken down based on a person’s age, location, gender, income, reason for interest, personal interests, marital status, if they own their home or rent, if they own or lease their car and so much more. With hundreds of selects to choose from, you can design a customized audience for each campaign, improving your chances for opens, clicks and more.
- Adding to other services: You can upload your email list and market to the same audience via social media sites like Facebook and Instagram as well as thousands of other sites and apps with display banner ads. This option gives you more reach to the ideal audience and allows you to display your content on multiple devices throughout the day.
If you are looking to improve your email marketing campaigns in 2019, you should follow these trends and tips that other companies will now be incorporating into their marketing strategy for the year. The audience you reach has a major impact on the success of your campaign and you can now target consumers based on hundreds of selects. Be smart about your marketing, put more time into it and learn about the options that you can utilize that will help to produce better results. After that, make sure that you incorporate the same strategies into other marketing options including social media, banner advertising and more to really expand your reach and impact and improve your marketing efforts across the board.