8 B2B Marketing Tips You Need To Followbstout723
B2B marketing might be the hardest avenue because the costs are higher, and the returns are lower. No agency in the world can promise results in B2B because it’s so complicated. Businesses only buy based on need and your campaign goal is to either establish your brand so that they are familiar with you or to be found where they look when they do need your services or products. If you want to market the right way, follow these tips:
- Get on Google: It doesn’t matter who you are or what you do. If you want to build your business and reach other businesses, you need to get on Google. This includes your site, business listings, social media pages and pages with other sites that offer reviews and comments on your products and services. SEO is a great tool to use because it allows people to find you when they are in need of something you offer.
- Connect on LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a great way to reach professionals based on their job title. However, just running ads isn’t enough. Try connecting with them so that you can communicate directly, giving yourself more of a direct reach to the right audience.
- Don’t ignore Facebook: Yes, Facebook is more B2C but the same people who are on LinkedIn are probably on Facebook and if they are, they are on Facebook probably 50 times more than they are on LinkedIn. If you can find the right people to target you will see more bang for your buck on there.
- Focus on education, not sales: Think about a director of marketing or a CEO. They are constantly getting hit with two types of emails each day. One is work related the other is a sales pitch of some sort. Don’t do the same thing your competitors are doing. Offer something for free like information about your brand and what you offer.
- Hit everyone in a company, not just the owner: CEO’s and business owners are going to ignore you because they do not have the time. However, the vice president, the assistance, the manager or the assistance manager is going to have more interest in your content because it could help them improve their efforts at work or be something that brings value to the company.
- Frequency is everything: If you plan on running a single campaign and wait to see how many sales you get you may as well just keep your money. Success in marketing comes from frequency and you have to be prepared to hit the same audience dozens of times.
- Offer free assistance: Again, don’t try to just sell people on something. However, more than just offering free advice, offer something else for free that really benefits them. Maybe you can show them how to reduce their cost per click or acquisition, what their competitors are doing as far as marketing goes, how they can improve their time-management or even their customer service. That will allow you to build a real relationship with them and show them that you are here for the long-haul, not to just make a quick sale.
- Brag about your clients: Who are your clients? Anyone of importance? That’s a trick question, all your clients are important to you. Brag about who they are, how happy they are with you and more. It shows that you have developed long-term relationships with companies who are thriving by using you.
B2B marketing is tough. However, if you do it the right way, you will see a long-term relationship established with real businesses who rely on you each year.