How To Market Your Shopify WebsiteJames Cox
Shopify is one of the most popular ecommerce solution platforms that allows small business owners to put their entire store online at a low price. One of the biggest advantages the platform offers is that anyone can do it as it does not require any web design experience and it is also very affordable. Businesses pay a small monthly fee which includes customer support and assistance and then a small fee per each transaction made through the site.
For a small business owner, it’s the best of both worlds. It’s affordable, can be created quickly and really only costs you money if and when you start making sales. It’s also mobile friendly and a trusted platform that consumers love to shop on because it’s secure. So, the question is how do you market yourself and give your online store a chance to make sales?
5 Ways To Market Your Shopify Site:
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn offer a unique opportunity for you to build followers, update them on sales and promotions you are having, reach them on a platform the average person spends four hours a day on and interact with them as well.
- Email Marketing: Have a sale coming up? Why not reach thousands of consumers, people who have an interest in the products you are offering, directly to their email? It’s one of the most cost-effective and quickest ways of getting people to your site and you can alert them of a new promotion each and every time you have one.
- Display Advertising: Display ads are great, especially in the retail industry. By showing your ads on thousands of websites you are introducing your brand to consumers again and again, creating awareness and also familiarity with your company.
- SEO: For many businesses, aggressively putting your ads out there is one thing, but being found by the consumer when they are looking at you is one of the best ways to get a sale. When someone goes onto a search engine and looks for a new pair of custom shoes or a specific type of bathrobe, you want to make sure that you come up on the top of the page.
- PPC: Being ranked highly on search engines is very important and it can bring you a lot of business. However, it does take time and if you need faster results, pay per click might be the way to go as you can quickly get a campaign up and running.
The Shopify platform is great for small business owners to use because it’s easy, fast and takes care of everything you need to run an ecommerce business. However, it’s still your job to find ways to drive traffic to your site and these are some of the best and most cost-effective options you have available to accomplish that goal.