5 Marketing Mistakes Businesses Will Make As They ReopenJames Cox
As American begins to reopen, businesses are sure to rush to reach consumers and offer them incentives to come back. Some will have a wide variety of promotions they will want to offer and others will only need to flip a switch and hundreds of people will be ready to come in for the services and products they haven’t been able to have in months. Depending on your situation, you need to handle your marketing carefully, especially if you are going from being completely shut down to reopening at full force. So, what are some of the mistake’s businesses can make in marketing as they begin to reopen?
- No ad budget: Yes, you may not have the funds to cover marketing the way you normally would, but you cannot avoid spending any ad budget. In fact, now is the time to spend because your competitors will not, and you can have exclusive access to the right audience.
- Basic reopening content to audience: Saying you’re open is great, but don’t expect sales from it. You have to give people motivation to buy from you, offering discounts or something that motivates them to come back quicker.
- Avoiding proven marketing channels: Google, Facebook and other marketing channels have worked for you in the past so why avoid them now? Yes, they cost money but if that’s where the right audience is going to be, make sure you are there for them to see your company.
- Expecting immediate sales from first campaign out: Just because you are open for business doesn’t mean consumers are ready to spend. It may take some time so don’t expect them to respond with big sales numbers immediately. However, keep hitting them with ads and you will see them return.
- Targeting too broad an audience: Sometimes businesses get a little vague with their targeting and that can cause you to spend more and lower your ROI. Be specific in who you want to market to, and you will see better numbers.
These are five things you need to avoid when you begin marketing that your business has reopened. If you avoid these mistakes you will see a better response from your initial campaigns and not only get old customers back, but maybe get some new ones as well.