Retail Marketing Tips: Content Creationbstout723
Of all the businesses that benefit from weekends and especially holiday weekends, no industry is impacted more than retail. Consumers wait as long as possible for an upcoming holiday weekend to purchase something because they know that the products they want will be available at a fraction of the price they would have to pay at any other time. It doesn’t matter if you want sheets for your bed, home décor or furniture, a new television, appliances or something else, consumers are going to wait as long as it takes for that big sale weekend.
The time in between these weekends and holidays are important for retail businesses. It’s an opportunity to focus on their marketing strategy, how to identify and reach consumers at the lowest possible cost to get them in the door. For example, if you have a 50-inch smart TV on sale and it’s the best deal available for Memorial Day Weekend, but you do not properly market the sale, who is going to know about it? Even worse, a competitor is going to out-market you and sell more TV’s that weekend than you, even though you have the better price.
Having the best deals isn’t enough. You have to have great content and market it the right way in order to make sure that people are aware of it. Here’s a good place to start with developing quality content:
- Make it easy to read: Have you ever seen an ad and you have no idea what company is offering the promotion, where they are located, what their website is or something else? You may not even know what day the sale starts or ends. For example, a Memorial Day Weekend sale could start on Thursday or Friday and end Monday or Tuesday. Make sure you are making it easy for people to get the information they need, especially who is having this sale.
- Pick your best options: If you have hundreds of products going on sale, do not try and cram as many in as possible. Pick the most popular items or best deals to display. The idea is that you are getting them in the store for this great deal and once they are in, they will see the other items you have available.
- Show them what they are saving: Why would you only say 40% off? Tell them the current price, tell them how much it’s being discounted and then show them what they are saving. Seeing the actual dollar figure makes the consumer realize just how much they are saving by buying from you.
- Create a sense of urgency: This is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for to get the items they want and save big. Let them know that this is exactly what they’ve been waiting to see and it’s time for them to take advantage of it.
Colorful ads, big call to actions and more are all recommend. However, once you’ve designed your ad the next question is how do you deploy it to people in your area or around the country? These are the best digital marketing services for retail businesses to utilize:
- Email marketing: There is no better, or cost-effective way to reach an audience about upcoming sales than email marketing. The reason is because the message, brand and subject are going directly to the consumers inbox. Whenever they open the message, they will immediately see a list of products that will be on sale and they can click on the products to get more information.
- Social media: Platforms like Facebook and Instagram are great for promoting upcoming sales because you can run a short video or static image that shows the best items available and other information that will prompt the viewer to visit your site for more information.
- Programmatic/Banner ads: You can utilize banner ads to target an audience and display content on thousands of sites and apps, making sure they constantly see the ad and that you are able to show them different products and promotions as well.
- Retargeting: You’ve put in the effort and spent the money to get the consumer to visit your site. Why waste that visit and allow them to leave without further promotion? Retargeting makes it easy to remind the consumer of your brand and promotion as it has ads follow them around for months. You can send a variety of ads, featuring different products and promotions to motivate them to return to your site to make a purchase.
These are the best guidelines to follow to inspire response and improve consumer retention. Utilizing DigDev Direct’s comprehensive database allows you to select and reach a highly targeted audience on all these platforms as well so that you can show your content to the same individual consumer, numerous times.