Improving Your Facebook Marketing StrategyJames Cox
Have you accepted the fact that your Facebook marketing strategy is in desperate need of a makeover? Last year’s numbers were not what you expected and this year hasn’t improved much either. The problem is you have no idea how to improve on them without adding thousands of dollars to the budget, something you would rather avoid. Rather than rushing into ways of how to improve numbers, first you need to know what you are dealing with.
What You Need To Know About Facebook Advertising
FB is a great tool for promoting your business and getting eyes on your brand. It can be viewed on computers, tablets and especially a phone. This is a major advantage for businesses as they can be more visible and interact with customers. However, you have to understand the social media platform before you can really maximize its potential.
- You Have Competition: It doesn’t matter how niche you think you are, you have competition and they are fighting for the same audience as you. Don’t think of this as a disadvantage, think of it as a way to get ideas on what other companies like yours are doing.
- FB Wants Your Money: Years ago FB decided they want money and a lot of it. So they took away your ability to keep your own followers updated. For example, if you have 1,000 likes on your page, rather than 1,000 people being able to see your post it’s now down to less than 10%. You have to boost your post to have your own followers see it!
How To Improve Your Numbers
Don’t let this discourage you. The fact is that Facebook advertising is still cheaper than other forms of internet marketing. However, that doesn’t change the fact that you still need to improve your numbers. Here are a few things you can do:
- Collect Emails: Your customers have email addresses and FB allows you to upload those emails and promote directly to the news feed of those customers. It’s a great way to promote your page or a sale to people who have already contacted you.
- Promote Events & Sales: Don’t assume a big event or sale will get its own attention. Spend a couple hundred dollars to promote it to gain interest. Be sure to put some time into the ads as they will be the first thing people see and you only have a second to make an impression.
- Page Vs Post: This is an area where companies always make a mistake. You promote a post when you are having a sale. You promote a page when you want likes and followers. There’s a big difference and knowing it will improve your results drastically.
- Encourage Interaction: Have a contest! Give something away to a follower as soon as you get twice as many likes on your page. Give something away each month. Ask customers to like your page and share it. When someone comments on your post make sure you respond.
- Change Your Content: What are you posting? Is it just promotional? Maybe that’s the problem as people tend to ignore commercials and advertisements. Get a blog section and start writing about relevant topics. If you own a fish store stop posting everyday about buying fish and start posting about tips to keeping your tank clean, underwater plants and other topics. Use what customers ask you as topics. This will encourage people to read and share your posts.
You are not going to be able to improve your Facebook marketing strategy over night. When you try to use Facebook advertising you have to understand how it’s done effectively and how you can improve your results. You need to put time into the product. Create content, motivate people to interact and make sure you are not throwing constant promotions at them. While you can make some sales on social media, remember that people are on there to be informed and socialize. Give them something they want to read and share and you will see your numbers start to improve without having to spend thousands of dollars on promoting your business.