8 Affordable Marketing Tips For RealtorsJames Cox
Being a realtor can be a great job. You sell people houses or condos and you get a big commission check. You have a chance to make more money, especially if you work harder. However, you soon realize that there are a lot of people who also realized this and the market is flooded with real estate agents. How do you separate yourself from the crowd to not only get clients but get sales as well?
8 Low-cost Marketing Tips For Realtors
- Be Social: The most common marketing tips for realtors all begin with social media. You need to be on all the major social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. It doesn’t matter if you are “into social media” or not, you need to put yourself out there so that people can see you.
- Content: Get a blog and post on it all the time, but nothing promotional. Write articles about flipping houses, tips for first time buyers, what to look for when you are looking at a house, questions to ask a realtor and stuff like that. Share these posts on your social media and you will see the traffic go up. People love information like this because they need it and it’s free.
- Email Marketing: A great way to introduce yourself, share your blog and your website is with email marketing. It’s affordable, you can link it to your site to gain traffic and it also gives you a big advantage on the competition.
- Be Local: Don’t post pictures of the Eiffel Tower or Buckingham Palace if you are selling real estate in Boca Raton. Think about it this way, someone who is on social media will scroll past a picture of a historical building because they aren’t interest. However, if they see a park they visit, a restaurant they usually go to or something like that they are much more likely to stop and take a look.
- Support Local Businesses: Your potential clients own or use small businesses around town so make sure you show your support. Tag yourself on social media when you stop in to grab a bite to eat or if you are visiting a shop. Let people know you are active in the community.
- Show It Off: Don’t go cheap with a few pictures when you list a house or condo. Take real photos, lots of them and add a video as well. This will increase viewership and get you more interest. If you can fit it in your budget, pay a professional photographer. Their work will help you a lot.
- People Love Free: Going back to the content point, people love free stuff and that includes advice. Blasting it on social media or in emails are great ways to get more eyes on what you are giving away, for free.
- Put Yourself Out There: There are so many sites out there that focus on real estate. No matter how big or small it may seem, if it’s a site that includes listings you need to be on it because that means people may be looking at it.
Remember, the giants of your industry are going to flood Google with top page rankings and expensive key terms. So you are not going to get to page one for “houses for sale in Boca Raton.” However, you can take advantage of these marketing tips for realtors and get your name out there for a fraction of the price. It may seem like a lot of work but it’s what you need to do if you want to have a successful campaign.